the basics - rope length and basic jumping
BEGINNER TRICK - THE CROSS
Tutorial performed by Innocent. Please follow him on social media: Daktari wa Kamba
- Try to get the skipper to pretend that they are reaching for their pockets when they reach across their body, as they will cross their arms more, making it easier for them to jump.
- Make sure they don’t bring their arms up too much as they won’t be able to jump the rope, their arms should be near their waist.
MORE ADVANCED TRICK - TOAD
- An easy way of getting into the trick.
- Put your arms in the ‘cross’ position.
- Whichever arm you have on top, that is the leg that you lift up, for example if your right arm is on top in the cross then your right leg should be raised.
- You then put your bottom arm in between your legs and underneath your leg that you have lifted.
daily workout 1 - all abilites
30 seconds forwards jumping
30 seconds squats
30 seconds backwards jumping
30 seconds knee lift
45 seconds break
Repeat 3 or 5 times
daily workout 2 - more advanced
50 speed steps
50 star jumps
40 speed steps
30 speed steps
30 side lunges
20 speed steps